Sunday 15 June 2014

Elite: Reclamation by Drew Wagar

Elite Dangerous : ReclamationElite Dangerous : Reclamation by Drew Wagar
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Not since Emily Bronte has anyone got away with this trick!

This is the second of the Elite books that I’ve read. Very different from Elite: Mostly Harmless but also an excellent read. A beautifully crafted story with real characters. I couldn’t help but get drawn into their world. I saw the beauty of the Prism system and cried ‘foul’ over the political shenanigans that threatened it. And what an amazing and original heroine. Not since Wuthering Heights has anyone got away with killing their main protagonist so early in the book. The threads of the story tangled and untangled until the unexpected but ultimately satisfying conclusion. Highly recommended.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing, Penny. i'll have to add it to my ever-expanding 'to read' list! Thanks for the insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a read, Stuart. And of course by one of your fellow 'Fantastic' authors :-)

      Delete